Friday, December 2, 2022

A Little Patience

I've been having a hard time finding the motivation to write a new post. And to be honest, I'm not sure why. I think it's because I'm in a bit of limbo right now. We met with Dr. Soiffer's team last Wednesday and we're really just waiting now. 

That seems to be a constant in this topsy turvy world of cancer. Since diagnosis, waiting has been a constant part of the equation. At first, it was the watching and waiting -- monitoring the lymphoma and waiting until it was time to treat it -- and then throughout this whole journey, there's always the waiting for scan results to see if the cancer was growing. And now, we're waiting for a stem cell donor. It's enough to try someone's patience.

Unfortunately, those who know me well would probably agree that patience is not one of my virtues. But that's where we are. 

Waiting to find a donor. Waiting to test a donor. Waiting to get more tests scheduled. (I'm told we'll do a re-staging (i.e, a PET/CT scan) but will not have to do another bone marrow biopsy, which is good.) Waiting to get dates on the calendar. Waiting to get it all started. Waiting to see how I feel when we get it started. Waiting to see how we will cope with the isolation and the infection prevention measures. A lot of waiting. 

Right now, the hope is to get the transplant started by the end of January. But until then, there's not much more to do, but wait. 


4 comments:

  1. Wait wait and wait some more. So hard yet so common. My CT connections keep me up to speed. Hugs and prayers Michael. Hang in.
    Ken S

    ReplyDelete
  2. I likely would never put you and patience together in the same sentence, unless im came right prior to patience. I am sending you my positive thoughts that the wait will be worth the outcome. Here is to your full return to health, even if it takes a little longer than you want.

    ReplyDelete