Wednesday, August 8, 2012

From Biopsy to Baseball

That wasn't so bad.

I had my first bone marrow biopsy today and it was pretty much as advertised. 5-10 minutes of prep/consent; 15 minutes of procedure. Probably better than having a cavity filled, if you ask me. So now in the last week, I've contributed my data (lymph node tissue, bone marrow, bone -- they take some of that too in a biopsy) and it's up to pathology.

I meet with Dr. LaCasce next week and figure out the plan. Whatever it is, I know I'm in good hands at Dana-Farber. One of the things I like beyond the fact that everyone is always smiling, personable, warm and just downright friendly, is that everyone seems up to speed on my case and care. 

Remember the Brigham surgeon who made the faux pas of saying, "So, I understand your lymphoma's come back"?  Not Zach, the Dana-Farber PA who saw me for all of 20 minutes. He knew my diagnosis, why I was there, that it was my first bone marrow biopsy, and probably a lot more.  

So more to come next week. In the meantime, I've got a softball game to play. 

No comments:

Post a Comment