Friday, March 10, 2023

Here We Go

We'll do this one mostly by pictures. Port was placed today (I have a picture of that, too, but will spare you). It was a very easy procedure and all went well. Most of the day was just waiting around but by about 4:30 or so, I was in the room. It's not quite as big as the photo makes it out to be, but it's private, quiet, with a mini-fridge and a TV, a couch-ish area and a comfy chair besides the bed, and of course, a private bathroom. 


While I still have an appetite, and in the midst of lots of tests (taking some blood, COVID test, Mersa test, EK), was able to get a dinner order in.


And finally, after dinner, my belongings made it up to the room, including my cozy new blanket, lovingly handmade by my sister.



Chemo starts tomorrow so the road will get a bit harder. But we've found a place for my Believe light :)


1 comment:

  1. A new beginning! You are so inspiring and so happy this will behind you soon. K-from Ca

    ReplyDelete