Friday, June 29, 2012

A Quick Question

As I finish up writing a post that I will publish tonight/tomorrow, I'm debating putting the link on my social media pages. FB and Twitter is an easy decision as I've posted about my blog there before. But what about Linked In -- I have about 200 "friends" on FB and about 500 contacts on Linked In -- many of whom are simply people who I've worked with or met via social networks, but some are more friends than others.

On the one hand, it seems like the wrong audience. On the other, there are probably people in that network who are in similar situations -- or who have friends who are in similar situations -- as I am. 

What do you think? Post a link on Linked In or not? If you have an opinion, just leave a comment. 
 

3 comments:

  1. I vote no on LinkedIn and yes on Facebook. I think your professional life is separate from your personal life and you can tell those people in both worlds personally if you choose.

    Just my two cents...

    amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is an interesting question. My first thought was Yes to FB and No to Linked In. The other option is to use the "Post an update" section on top of LinkedIn where you could share that you are writing a blog and provide the link to let people know they can sign up if they'd like. I think the posted update disappears after a few weeks.

    -Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am leaning away from the Linked In notification - my offline commenters (you know who you are) offfered the same opinion and to me, there are poeple on that network who I've never met and many who I've only met over the phone or electronically -- which is true for twitter, too, but that's a different network. Thanks for the comments.

    ReplyDelete